Thursday, April 26, 2012

Weekly Recommendations 4/25/2012

Push -- Push is an interesting little film, which involves people with unique powers who are either being hunted by the government or are in alliance with them. I enjoyed this movie for a number of reason: Action, the unique powers, Camilla Belle (so hot) etc. So check this movie out.

Contagion -- Just by the name of the film you already know what Contagion is about. Those of you who can't put two-and-two together here it is. A virus is released and we watch scientists race against time to find a cure. We watch a journalist make money off the virus by promoting a false curse. And a family man trying to protect his daughter from the disease since he's immune. It makes you feel dirty. So definitely check this movie out.

Fracture -- Fracture stares Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling (who in this film actually did extremely well!) Hopkins kills his wife, confess, and all the evidence points to Hopkins. Gosling is a lawyer who thinks this is a slam dunk case -- he knows he's going to win -- but when he goes to trial Hopkins represents himself. Therefore, all the "evidence" that they thought they had, is not standing up in court and Hopkins is one step ahead of everyone. I loved this movie. Check it out.

Paul -- I loved Paul I thought it was extremely funny. Even thought it came off as a little to preachy -- trying to refute Christianity. And I'm an atheist saying this -- and it was obvious the writers were anti-religion (and so am I), which is OK, just make it not so obvious, regardless of that, it worked. The movie was still extremely funny and crude. I would definitely recommend Paul for everyone especially atheist a like.
3:10 to Yuma -- Personally I'm not a fan of Westerns. I do like Space Westerns like Firefly, but most Westerns like True Grit the remake was kind of boring and not what I expected. Maybe I had caught up in the hype of it all. However, 3:10 to Yuma, I absolutely loved this movie. It's a really interesting film and I thought Christian Bale did a wonderful john and the same goes for Russel Crowe. If you're a fan of Westerns, you'll like this. If you hate Western still check this out, because you just might like it and you'll surprise yourself.

-- Connor Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment