Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekly Recommendations 4/16/2012

Trick r Treat

This is a little gem and if I'm not mistaken didn't come out at the theaters. It's based on a comic book that centers around multiple stories within a small town. Personally this is a great watch on Halloween or any day of the year. So if you haven't seen it, check it out.

Dark Water (Original Japanese Version)

A lot better than the remake by miles. I absolutely loved this movie because of the atmosphere. Also at the end, the ghost is really -- excuse my language -- fuckin' creepy! However, I will say this Japanese horror films are not all that scary and they don't sit will with a lot of people. So I would definitely say go into this movie with caution.

The Uninvited

Emily Browning so damn hot! I said it! I had to! I really enjoyed this movie even though it got negative to mixed reviews. I thought the ending was unexpected and worked extremely well. If you like ghost stories or a haunting this definitely check this movie out.

Hard Candy

I don't like Ellen Page -- heck, I can't stand the bitch. However, I love her in Hard Candy. She was perfect for this role and so was Patrick Wilson. This film is about a teen age girl who is trying to solve the case for the murder off another teenage girl who met some men of the Internet. Page's character follows the evidence to Patrick Wilson's character and from there... Everything goes down hill.

Troll Hunter

A film I like to say, when it comes to other DVD collectors, I was the first one to know about it. Before this movie came out, I knew about it for a year. I waited forever for it to come out on DVD and when it did, was I happy. This movie is a Norwegian film and is absolutely amazing. Based on the title Troll Hunter, do I really need to tell you what this movie is about?

-- Connor Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment