Monday, April 23, 2012

Battleship

GENRE: Science Fiction/Action
STARRING: Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgård, Brooklyn Decker, Rihanna, Liam Neeson, Tadanobu Asano
RELEASE DATE: May 18, 2012 (United States, Canada) April 11, 2012 (International.)

When it comes to Battleship I am very skeptical for some reason. If you've played the game then you know there's no way you can base a movie off a game that requires two things: Buddha patience and -- excuse my language, but it's necessary -- a shit load of fuckin' luck to actually win the game! From my understanding Battleship will show the battle from both sides, the humans and the aliens. I hope that this movie will be fantastic. As a matter of fact I will see Battleship because another one of my favorite actors is in it -- Liam Nesson (I always said his name 'Liam Nelson'). However, I am very skeptical of Rhianna's role in the movie. I just hate when rappers or singers become "actors" or "actors" become "singers." It just complicates everything. A great example is Chris Brown in the movie Takers -- A complete rip off of every heist movie made. It was awful -- now that's for another time. Nonetheless, with Rhianna transitioning over into mainstream movies, I am highly skeptical. Thought, I will see it because I do love alien invasion movies! So check out the trailer.

-- Connor Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment