Sunday, March 25, 2012

Movies To Look Out For In 2012

Honestly, to date there really isn't a lot of movies I'm looking forward to this year; however, it's possible that I haven't heard about all of them. Nevertheless, there are eight movies I am definitely looking forward to in the coming months.

Resident Evil -- I know it's obvious I have a love/hate feelings towards Paul W.S. Anderson. I enjoyed a lot of his movies, however, the Resident Evil series have literally been raped by this turd. Therefore, why would I be interested in this new movie? Well it has zombies in it. What more can you say? I will say this -- and I'm mostly speaking to Paul W.S. Anderson even thought he may never read this -- do not, and I repeat, do not just put shit into the film that has no place in it and has not logical or possible origin. I.E. The Ax-Man from Resident Evil 5/Resident Evil: After Life or like the damn prison from that's in Resident Evil: Afterlife in the middle of Los Angeles... That looks like a castle... A castle from Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Damn it Paul there is no prison like that in Los Angeles, it doesn't exist -- it's fictional -- it's wrong -- it's offensive -- you're trying to mind fuck me -- only aliens do such a thing -- you're just a douche bag and keeps raping our wallets and the Resident Evil series.




Total Recall -- I believe this film will be amazing -- it has Collin Ferrel in it, it's bound to be good. From my understanding Total Recall is based on a book and the original movie was loosely based on it. However, the new remake or new installment of Total Recall will be much truer to the book. I'm looking forward to it.
Battle Royale -- This is a remake of at Japanese movie of the same name. It's about a bunch of school kids or Junior high kids who get kidnapped and put into the forest or somewhere to kill each other to stay alive. It sounds very wicked. I have not seen the original, however, I will see it before this remake is released in theaters.
















The Raid -- This movie is going to kick ass. This is a foreign movie involving a S.W.A.T. Team that raids a building infected with degenerates, however, they get locked in and they have to fight their way out. Personally I think this will be an amazing film because lately I've been getting back into martial arts movies. So with that said, yes, I will defiantly be checking this flick out.















Re-Kill -- This movie is a zombie movie -- before you judge it watch the six or twelve minute trailer it's amazing! The premise surrounds a special ops group trained to obliterate the zombie virus. It's been, five years since the zombie virus has wiped out 85 percent of the worlds population. This special ops group finds signs of the outbreak starting again and they're tasked with destroying the virus before it kills the rest of humanity. I believe this film will be amazing and it will definitely be on my "to watch list." Now this film was part of the After Dark Originals, however, the film has so much praise that they postpone the films release in order to give it a better release and long theatrical release sometime in 2012. I personally can't wait.







Prometheus -- Prometheus is a prequel to the Alien franchise. This film shows the origin of the aliens and how the space craft that was seen in Alien and Aliens how it got there and who that giant creature is that was sitting in the seat. Personally, I think this film will be the best and biggest blockbuster of 2012. I've been following this movie for a while trying to find out a release date for it, well it turns out, it's opening on June 8th. I will definitely pre-order my tickets like I did Serenity "burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!" Sorry just had to throw that in there.














World War Z -- Zombies. That's all you need to say to have my attention. I would definitely pre-order my tickets for this movie. This movie is based on a book of the same name -- which I've read -- and it was an amazing read. However, I do have my reservations about the movie. The way the book was written it makes it difficult to see how the movie would work. The book is an oral account of the zombie apocalypse and how we survived, who started it and who should take the blame etc. All you're doing is reading about a guy who goes around interviewing people and getting a wider picture or accounts of what they went through, from average survivors, students, military leaders, politicians and filmmakers etc. Nonetheless, the movie should hold my attention. Now since the main character is Brad Pitt should give the story some credibility since I feel Brad Pitt wouldn't do a movie like that unless it was absolutely worth doing or had a good story.






I hope you enjoyed this list of some of the movies I'm looking forward to. So mark your calenders and get ready.

-- Connor Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment