Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekly Recommendations 4/10/2012

Serenity -- Serenity, which what happened after Firefly went off the air, is the best Sci-Fi movie I've seen. I've said many times Firefly is the greatest Sci-Fi TV show that I've seen -- heck it turned me on to Sci-Fi. Serenity is a fantastic movie, put it this way, lets say you didn't see an episode of Firefly and you watch Serenity, you'll still like it. It's such a great movie. I'd highly recommend this movie to all people even if you're not into Sci-Fi. Also, it's on sale for $4 and some change at Target, so go pick up your copy today -- actually while you're at it pick up Firefly it's only $16 and some change! So I highly recommend this movie. The crew of Serenity continue to evade revers and the Alliance, until an Alliance Operator tracks them down bringing chaos to the stars.

Sleepy Hallow -- Another genre I enjoy is Gothic/Horror movies that take place buck in the 16th century. Sleepy Hollow star Jonny Depp and Christina Ricci. This is a fantastic movie and I will recommend it to everyone who enjoys a quirky little horror story. It involves an investigator who comes to a small town to investigate a string of mysterious murders.

Donnie Darko -- Donnie Darko is such an interesting film. When I first seen Donnie Darko, I was complete drawn to the character. This a Sci-Fi/Time Travel film, which is very complex. So it takes multiple viewing to actually understand. But regardless, even if you don't like Sci-Fi, this movie just might capture your interest. Donnie Darko is about a young man who has emotional problems. He's miraculously saved from being crushed by a random airplane engine by his sleep walking disorder. Then later discovers the secrets to time travel.

Andromeda Strain -- Warning, be careful with this movie! Andromeda Strain isn't for everyone. It's for hardcore Sci-Fi fans. However, even hardcore Sci-Fi fans don't like this movie. It's either love or hate -- and most people hate it. Personally, I enjoyed it -- it's actually more of a made for TV on the Sci-Fi channel kind of movie -- but if you can look past it, it's very interesting to watch. So again, I can't recommend it for everyone, you were warned, approach with caution. A mysterious virus wipes out a small town, except for a local drunk and an infant. Scientist must race against time to discover a cure before it's to late.

Joy Ride -- Joy Ride is fantastic! I love JJ Abrams! I love everything he does -- except for Lost. I killed so many brain cells trying to figure it out -- but Joy Ride was written and produced by JJ Abrams. The entire cast was great, Paul Walker, Lele Sobeiski and Steve Zhan. The entire time I was holding my breath and hanging on to the edge of my seat. I must add, I've never seen the sequel or am I sure if there's a third one, but the best one is usually the first. Take my word for it -- it's magnificent. Two best friends go to two different colleges. When school is out for vacation, the two decide to take a road trick home, when they come face-to-face with a diabolic truck driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment