Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Avatar

I think we all can agree the Avatar was ground breaking with the special effects and the motion capture technology. However, lets really take this film apart -- remove the effects and the 3D -- what do you get? Dances With Wolves. It's very mediocre film that preaches at you like Jehovah's Witnesses on Saturday. The movie isn't as good as people think it is. You want honesty? I only watched it because of Michelle Rodriguez and Sigorney Weaver. That's about it. I like Sam Worthington, but only in Terminator Salvation. Apart from that, Avatar is pretty sub-par.

When I first saw Avatar I hated it. I mean I thought it was the worst movie ever. I believe it was over hyped and over praised. However, don't look at this review as an outright diss of the film because I did enjoy it after multiple viewings. It is a GREAT FILMS, but it is over hyped. I will say this, the more times I saw it, the more I came to appreciate it.

After multiple viewings I still feel this movie has no real plot. It's not original. The entire message of the film was literally in your face -- like BAM-motherfucker-Join-my-CULT-or-Jehovah's-gonna-destroy-all-the-people-even-if-you-are-Mother-Terresa-at-Armageddon- in your face. The film would have been a lot better if it was more subtle. The acting and the direction from Cameron was brilliant, but the story was practically void.

Was I the only one who noticed that the military robots were a complete rip off of the Matrix? Was I the only one who kept thinking about Ferngully? Was I the only one who already knew he was going to end up with the big "Blue Monkey"? (Actually I'm not the only one! Thousands have!) So I did enjoy Avatar, but I feel it's far to over rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment