Friday, February 15, 2013

The Hunger Games

In a future distopian society, people are divided up and live in districts. Once a year, the Capital selects two tributes from each district to celebrate and fight in The Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games what can you really say about this movie? Other than it's fuckin' awesome! This movie is the shit! Actually, I read the books before I seen the movies (Yes, I can read -- rather well actually) And I liked both versions. I loved everything about this movie because it was such an interesting read and watch. However I will say this, the book has a lot more substance to it and you get to see a lot of things that don't make it into the movie. Why weren't they in the movie? Because in film you have to show things and not tell it. And then the novel is written in first person. So I would recommend that you read the book and watch the movie. But I must say even thought I like the book, the movie did fall short just a tad bit. And here's why:

One word: Peta. Not the bread, but the fuckin' douche bag who thinks he's the shit. Personally, I think they tried to make him more of a tough guy in the movie than he was in the book. But I wont get into it here. I'm going to do a Hunger Game's rant on why I dislike the Hunger Games, however, when I say hate, I don't really hate the movie, it's just a character that I really, really, really fuckin' dislike. 

Other than that I can't really think of anything else that I didn't like about the movie. I thought it was fantastic. Thrilling. Action packed. It was everything The Twilight Saga  was not. But I can assure you, if you look into this movie, you'll like and you just might want to check out the book while you're at it so you'll have more substance to it. 

So what would I rate this movie? Obviously, 5 Stars out of 5!

-- Connor Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment